It's easy to be overwhelmed when eating out. While enjoying an unhealthy meal from time to time is okay, eating out can completely derail your results if you're not careful. Because this is a lifestyle and not a 30 day crash diet, it's important to learn how to live life and enjoy eating out with friends even when pursuing a healthy life. Here are some of my top tips for navigating the menu when eating out:
1) Stay away from anything fried and fill up on protein. Stick to grilled and blackened meats. I personally like to have chicken and fishes when eating out. Filling up on protein is also important, as this will help you stay away from unnecessary carbs.
2) Say no to more bread. Limit yourself to one piece of bread and then pass on the rest. I am no legalist here, but filling up on bread will leave you feel dragged down and exhausted.
3) Watch out for creamy, milk based sauces. While milk based sauces can be super yummy, they can also be filled with tons of butter, flour and loads of calories! Opt for tomato based sauces instead. This tend to have way less calories, while still giving you loads of flavor.
4) Order veggies as your side. Maybe it's a side salad with a lighter dressing or maybe it's corn and green beans. Whatever you preferred veggie, always pick that over starchy sides. Just be sure to mention to the waiter that you do not want added butter on your veggies.
5) Drink lots of water! Many times we confuse hunger with thirst. If we drink enough water throughout the meal we will likely fill up quicker and stay full longer.
You can also use great apps like my fitness pal and calorie king to look up the nutritional break down and ingredients when ordering out. Remember- it's not about the calories necessarily, it's about what you are putting in your body!
Drink More Water Challenge:
FREE Drink More Water Challenge!
Sign up here.
Look Into Beachbody Coaching:
November 6th- Sign up here.
Family Matters Bootcamp
Don't Just Survive.. THRIVE Bootcamp.
Sign up for info on bootcamps here.
Want my FREE Prayer Prompts to Pray over Your Fitness Journey? Leave your info below to get it sent to your inbox today!