Today was day #1 of my 21 Day's to a Healthier You Challenge! I have a great bunch of ladies doing the 21 Day Fix with me. One of my goals during this challenge is to get creative experimenting with new recipes. I decided to whip out the Fixate Cookbook by Autumn Calbrese and get to work making some healthy, easy and yummy 21 Day Fix approved recipes! First up, the Mexican Chicken Tortilla soup!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake tortillas for 10 minutes until crispy, cool and then break into pieces. Put 1/2 aside.
3. Heat oil on medium heat.
4. Add onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Add garlic, cook, for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Add tomatoes, cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
7. Add mixture, 2 cups broth and 1/2 of the toasted tortillas to a blender and blend until smooth.
8. Add blended mixture to pot. add 4 cups broth, chicken, carrots, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook until carrots are tender.
9. Optional: top with avocado, cilantro, cheese and tortilla pieces.
Drink More Water Challenge:
FREE Drink More Water Challenge!
Sign up here.
Look Into Beachbody Coaching:
November 6th- Sign up here.
Family Matters Bootcamp
Don't Just Survive.. THRIVE Bootcamp.
Sign up for info on bootcamps here.
Want my FREE Prayer Prompts to Pray over Your Fitness Journey? Leave your info below to get it sent to your inbox today!