For the first 24 years of my life I tried to do my health and fitness journey on my own. From the time I was 16-24 years old it was all about the way I looked. Fitness and healthy eating was never about taking care of my temple and honoring the Lord, but looking a certain way. I was never small enough and always had more weight to loose, even at my smallest. I was consumed and was always on the look out for the next quick fix.
So what changed? Thanks to the Lord's intervention, I finally experienced FREEDOM in my health and fitness journey! I found great resources to pour into me (The Daniel Plan and Made to Crave) and got some accountability. I never stopped working out or trying to eat healthy, I just gave it over to the Lord.
It's been amazing to see how the Lord has used my health and fitness journey to make me more like Him! I am so so thankful for the lessons I have learned during those hard times of discipline, focus and consistency. Ladies are always asking me how I do it. How do I keep my focus on Jesus? Let me first say it won't happen over night, but if you will COMMIT to allowing the Lord IN He will do the rest! Here are 5 tips I have found to be VERY VERY important to keeping Jesus at the center of my health and fitness journey. Praying this helps you sister! I PRAY that everyone experiences freedom in this area of their life!
1. Let go and let God! You have got to stop making your health and fitness journey all about you. It's not bad to want to loose some weight or feel confident in your own skin, but the MOMENT it becomes obsessive or consumes your thoughts then you're on a slippery slope sister. You have got to quit trying to do this thing on your own. Let go of what you think the "perfect body" looks like. Let go of what you think losing the weight will do for your social life or "success". The only thing that should define your worth is Jesus. The first thing you have got to do is start praying that God would give you discipline and that you would let go and allow HIM to fill those holes in your heart.
2. Get some accountability. Surround yourself with people who speak truth into your life and push you to continuously give every area of your life to Jesus! That has been a game changer for me. I joined a 30 day faith + fitness challenge two and a half years ago and the Lord used it in MIGHTY ways in my life. I experienced freedom for the first time in my health and fitness journey and man did it feel good! That's what the Lord wants for us: FREEDOM. Even better, I did get great results as well. Why? Because for the first time I quit trying to get instant results and pressed into His discipline and power.
3. Dig into God's word and fill your mind with things of Him. This world will try to tell you what beauty looks like, but we know as daughters of the King that true beauty is found in Christ alone. He is our strength. Our worth is found in Him alone, BUT we have to press into Him and remind of ourselves of that daily if we are going to beat this war against our flesh. We have to stop sitting back and waiting for things to get better. We have to BOLT UP and be on guard against the devil and his schemes.
4. GET RID OF DISTRACTIONS! I think this is one a lot of people forget about, but I truly believe that if we are going to keep our focus on Him we have to STOP putting ourselves in situations to compare and pick ourselves apart. So here is what I want you to do, go through your instagram and unfollow all the fitness accounts or people who are constantly making their fitness journey about themselves or the way that they look. As my mom used to say "garbage in, garbage out!" What we put in our mind and allow our eyes to see will drastically impact the way we see ourselves when we look in the mirror. We already have enough distractions in this world, why invite them in?
5. Remember your WHY. Take a second and right down exactly why you want to get fit and healthy. When we know our why we will be able to figure out HOW. If the why is truly big enough, the how will be pretty easy. When we don't have a WHY, the moment things get difficult we will give in and give up. Your WHY will help you keep your focus on honoring the Lord and take it off of yourself and personal performance.
Drink More Water Challenge:
FREE Drink More Water Challenge!
Sign up here.
Look Into Beachbody Coaching:
November 6th- Sign up here.
Family Matters Bootcamp
Don't Just Survive.. THRIVE Bootcamp.
Sign up for info on bootcamps here.
Want my FREE Prayer Prompts to Pray over Your Fitness Journey? Leave your info below to get it sent to your inbox today!